Sunday, April 13, 2008

Wee Wonderful Robot



I picked up this pattern at Wee Wonderfuls awhile back. Jackson was SO excited for me to put his robot together. He drew lots of smiles and giggles from shoppers at JoAnn's while he stood in front of the fat quarters trying to pick out the fabrics (he got a wee bit bossy). The control panel fabric was the first one to catch his eye and he told me, "this looks just like a control panel!" Not only did he pick out the fabrics (and what body part they'd serve) but also all the embellishments. He and I went through my jar of buttons searching for just the right ones. It turned out pretty cute for my first go at it which speaks volumes for the pattern & instructions. As always, there are a few things I'll do differently the next time. When I finished him last night, I called out to Jack: "Jack, your robot is done, come see!" A little face peeked out from around the corner and Jack asked: "Is he good or bad?" After I told him that "robots have to do whatever you tell them" he warmed up to his new friend. This morning I woke up with a Jackson AND a wee wonderful robot in my bed. Must be a hit.

1 comment:

diane said...

I love the robot, how fun.

I just discovered a fabulous quilt shop in Waco today. It was full of the most wonderful fabrics.

I can't tell you how happy this makes me.